How to Register and Pay
Thank you for your interest in applying to join Pack 230!
There are three steps to join:
- For new scouts only: Complete the official Boy Scouts of America application
- Register with Pack 230
- Complete health form for outdoor activities
1. For new scouts only: Complete the official Boy Scouts of America application
Complete the registration at the following link: tinyurl.com/joinpack230
This online application will register your scout with the national Boy Scouts of America (BSA) organization. Only new scouts should complete this application, and you will complete it only once.
The national registration fee is $24 per calendar year. You will pay a prorated fee as part of this application for the remainder of the calendar year. This fee supports the national organization and helps pay for activities such as the BSA-organized and staffed day camps, weekend camps, and summer camps.
2. Register with Pack 230
Pack 230 has a separate registration, also online, that requests additional information needed for our specific unit. All new and returning scouts complete this application each year.
Pack 230’s registration fee is $85. This fee helps support pack-organized activities such as campouts, the Pinewood Derby, and the Blue and Gold Carnival. It also includes badges and awards, the official handbook, neckerchief, and hat. It does not include the uniform shirt.
The $85 fee also covers the $24 BSA membership fee for the NEXT calendar year. Once you have completed Pack 230’s registration, Pack 230 will renew your scout’s official BSA membership for the next calendar year during our annual recharter process.
Pack 230’s online application will not be available over the summer, but will become available when the scouting year begins in August/September. You will complete your registration with Pack 230 and submit the $85 unit fee at that time.
3. Complete health form for outdoor activities
This form will be available during parent orientation at the start of the year. The form is required for scouts and family members attending official Boy Scouts camps, such as the District Camporee or Camp Snyder. The form is valid for one year.
IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THE HEALTH FORM ONLINE:
1. The form may be downloaded here: www.scouting.org/filestore/Hea
2. The form must include a hand-drawn signature. You may either draw the signature with your mouse or print, sign, and scan.
3. The form must also include scanned copies of both side’s of the individual’s health insurance card.
4. Email the completed form and copies of the insurance cards to the Pack 230 Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org